Pathfinder Guide Dog Programme (“Pathfinder Dogs”) is committed to providing high-quality customer services. We value complaints and use information from them to help us improve our services.
If something goes wrong or you are dissatisfied with our services, please tell us. We will attempt to address your dissatisfaction or concerns by providing a fair and considered response. This document describes our complaints procedure and how to make a complaint. It also tells you about our service standards and what you can expect from us.
What is a complaint?
We regard a complaint as any expression or dissatisfaction about our action or lack of action, or about the standard of service provided by us or on our behalf.
What can I complain about?
You can complain about things like:
- Delays in responding to your enquiries or requests;
- Failure to provide a service;
- Service standards;
- Dissatisfaction with our policy;
- Treatment by or attitude of a member of staff;
- Our failure to follow proper procedure.
Your complaint may involve more than one of our services or be about someone working on our behalf.
Complaints Handling Procedure
IF YOU NEED TO MAKE A COMPLAINT
Initial contact is The Customer Complaint Manager, Pathfinder Guide Dog Programme, North Lodge House, Castlehill Road, Wishaw, ML2 0RL Tel No: 01698 374 973 Email address:
Step-by-step complaints procedure
If you’re not completely happy with our service we’d like to hear about it so we can do something to put it right. We do everything we can to make sure our clients/supporters get the best service possible. However, sometimes we may not get things right the first time. When that happens, we want you to tell us what went wrong so we can put matters right.
We want to:
- Make it easy for you to tell us what went wrong;
- Give your complaint the attention it deserves;
- Resolve your complaint fairly without delay; and
- Make sure you are satisfied with how your complaint was resolved.
How and where to complain
If you are not satisfied with any aspect of our service you can tell us about your complaint in the following ways:
- In writing – write to us and address your letter to The Customer Complaint Manager.
- By telephone – call us on 01698 374 973 during our office hours and ask for The Customer Complaint Manager.
- By email – use the email address shown.
How long will it take?
We aim to resolve your complaint straight away but if we can’t, then we will write to you within three business days to tell you:
Complaints Handling Procedure
- Why we have not resolved your complaint;
- Who is dealing with your complaint; and
- When we will contact you again.
We will aim to resolve your complaint quickly but it may take longer if it is complex. We will keep you informed on a regular basis but if you need an update please call us on 01698 374 973 and ask to speak to the person handling your complaint.
If we cannot reach an agreement with you?
If we can’t agree a solution with you within eight weeks, we will:
- Send a letter giving our reasons for the delay and an indication of when we expect to provide a final decision. OR
- Issue our final decision letter which will explain our final position.
Scottish Charity Regulator
Our aim is to resolve all complaints internally. However, if after receiving our final decision letter, or if eight weeks have passed (this is sometimes referred to as the “eight-week rule”), you may have the right to refer your complaint to the Scottish Charity Regulator. The eight weeks start from the date a complaint is received.
- Stage 1 – Fiona McCreadie (Customer Complaint Manger)
- Stage 2 – Anne Royle (Founder)
- Stage 3 – Board of Trustees